The Randolph Library, located on the fourth floor at 199 Chambers Street, is named after the African-American labor leader and social activist A. Philip Randolph (1889-1979). It offers over 120,000 volumes of books, 200 print magazine/journal subscriptions, 168 databases, 94,000 electronic journals, magazines, and newspapers, and over 480,000 electronic books.
The library is divided into the Main Library (S410) and the Quiet Study Area (S430). Wi-Fi is available throughout the library.
The Library is open to CUNY affiliates, SUNY Empire State College ID holders, and members of the public with a METRO card referral that has been filled out by a librarian from their local library. The Library is not open to the general public.
The A. Philip Randolph Library’s mission is to provide resources and services that support the learning, teaching, and research needs of the College community. To fulfill this mission, the library commits to the following…