November 24 - 30, 2014
|Mon||8 AM - 10 PM|
|Tue||8 AM - 10 PM|
|Wed||8 AM - 10 PM|
Head of Periodicals Department
Prof. Phyllis Niles
Telephone: 212-220-8000 x7206
- At the Periodicals Desk, BMCC students with a current ID may borrow an iPad for a three day loan period.
- The BMCC Periodicals Department offers its users 245 current serial titles (newspapers, magazines, and journals), 18,000 reels of microfilm, and 20,000 electronic journals.
- To find out if the Library subscribes to the journal you need, search the Library Catalog. The catalog also contains records for back issues of journals and magazines the Library no longer subscribes to.
- Another way to find out if a certain journal is available in the Library is by checking the Complete List of BMCC Journal Subscriptions. The list contains every electronic and print journal that is available in the Library. From here you can access electronic journals directly or search the journal for articles. If you are accessing the journals from off campus you will be prompted to enter a user name and password. For more information on how to log on to the databases consult the Remote Access Guide.
- Print journals may only be used in the Library. Across from the Periodicals desk there are shelves with leisure reading magazines. All other journals may be borrowed at the Periodicals Desk. Many back issues of journals are available on microfilm. Microfilm reader printers are in the periodicals area. Copies are 10 cents per page. The machine only takes dimes. Hours for the Periodicals Department are Monday- Thursday 9-9. Friday 9-6 Saturday 10-6 Sunday Noon-5.