May 28 - Aug. 13, 2015
|Mon||8 AM - 8 PM|
|Tue||8 AM - 8 PM|
|Wed||8 AM - 8 PM|
|Thu||8 AM - 8 PM|
Web Services Department
The Library Web Services department focuses on the implementation and support of the library website, electronic reserves, and web products and services to support learning. The responsibilities include:
- The development and maintenance of the library website's web pages, graphic design, statistics, documentation and applications associated with service enhancement.
- The supervision of the library's electronic reserve service, known as ERes.
- Innovative use of Microsoft SharePoint to support and enhance library services through a library intranet with direction from the Chief Librarian.
- Collaborate with the library's Systems Technician to support and enhance library services and technologies.
- The employment of a Web Services committee to consult with faculty to improve the library's web resources and services.
- To work closely with the institution's Chief Information Officer and technology advisory group to ensure maximum utilization of BMCC's resources and network support for the library, consistent with college and university policies governing IT and network use.
- To keep enlightened of the latest developments in library technology, the internet and related information technology.
In its service, the department corresponds with the library's mission statement to firstly provide an environment that encourages and stimulates study and research, and secondly to apply technological innovations to library service which enhance the learning process and make information readily accessible. Under the supervision of the Chief Librarian, the Web Services department is headed by the Library Web Services Coordinator and E-Reserve Manager.
Comments are welcome. Please fill our comments form.
New Website Design: Jan. 26, 2009
Using the results of a Student Usability Study and the ideas and suggestions of the Library Web Committee, the current website was introduced during the Spring 2009 semester. We were pleased with the collaborative effort.
New developments will be ongoing, with the goal of making the Library website conducive to finding information. As always, student, faculty, and staff feedback is welcome! Please firstname.lastname@example.org with comments or suggestions.