Aug. 28 - Dec. 22, 2014
|Mon||8 AM - 10 PM|
|Tue||8 AM - 10 PM|
|Wed||8 AM - 10 PM|
|Thu||8 AM - 10 PM|
|Fri||8 AM - 7 PM|
|Sat||10 AM - 6 PM|
|Sun||12 PM - 5 PM|
How to Find Print Books
- Find Books
- Search by Keyword
- Search Results
- Journal Title Search
- My Account: Renew Books online
The Library Catalog can be used from any computer with Internet access. No password or login is required.
Before you start searching, click the 'Select Individual
CUNY Libraries' link and select BMCC to limit your search to BMCC resources.
At the top of the screen it should say:
- Think of keywords that describe your topic. Start out with only one or two keywords. Too many results? Add more keywords to your search. Not enough results? Use fewer keywords and/or come up with other keywords.
- Combine your keywords
with 'and.' For example, if you
want to find a book that talks about diabetes in African Americans try:
diabetes AND African Americans
- Results: Click the number of the book
for more information about it:
- Click the library name in the 'Holdings'
column to find the book call number, its
location in the Library and if it is checked out or on
The Library Catalog
allows you to select records for printing, saving or e-mailing.
Check off the box next to the item that you want to print,
save, or e-mail:
If you want to collect records from more than one search,
you can select records and save them in a folder. Check the records
you want to save and click:
- Click 'Folder' at the top of the screen to view the list
of records you've picked:
- This list can be printed, saved
to disk or e-mailed. ('Catalog card' under Documents
format is easier to read than 'OPAC format.')
- Selected records can be retrieved by clicking:
The browse function shows an alphabetical list for your search word. For example, if you search the name 'Mallory' in the author index, a list starting with the closest match to your keyword will come up. The list includes the number of items available in the library by this author.
If you browse the subject index, an alphabetical list starting with the
closest match to your keyword will come up.
Example for a browse search for the word 'immigrants':
Use the Journal Title Search to find out if BMCC or another CUNY college subscribes to a certain print magazine or newspaper.
Electronic journals and magazines are not cataloged and do not show up in the Library Catalog. Use the Complete List of BMCC Journal Subscriptions list to find them.
Login to My Account to see all the books you have checked out and when they are due. You can also renew books here.
- Enter your library number located on the right side of your BMCC ID in both the search and password boxes.
- Click 'Sign In.'
- Click 'Loans' to see the titles of the books you have borrowed, when they are due and any overdue fines you owe.
- To renew a book click on the underlined number that appears to the left of the title and click 'Renew.' You may renew each title one time only. Stacks books can be checked out for four weeks.