Aug. 27 - Dec. 22, 2015
|Mon||8 AM - 10 PM*|
|Tue||8 AM - 10 PM|
|Wed||8 AM - 10 PM|
|Thu||8 AM - 10 PM|
|Fri||8 AM - 7 PM|
|Sat||10 AM - 6 PM|
|Sun||12 PM - 5 PM|
*Library & Quiet Study
CLOSED Oct. 12
How to Cite - MLA
Author's last name, Author's first name. Title of the Book. Place of Publication: Publisher, year of publication.
- If known, include the author's full first name(s).
- Nouns and names in book titles are capitalized.
- Book titles should be in italics.
- Pay attention to commas and periods!
Rudd, Gillian. The Complete Critical Guide to Geoffrey Chaucer. New York: Routledge, 2001.
Brown, John Russell. Shakespeare: The Tragedies. New York: Palgrave, 2001.
Print Book with Multiple Authors
Author's last name, Author's first name, and Author's first name Author's last name. Title of Book. Place of Publication: Publisher, year of publication.
- Pay attention to the order of names in citing books with more than one author!
Richards, Philip, and Neil Schlager. Best Literature by and about Blacks. Detroit: Gale Group, 2000.
Horngren, Charles T., Harrison Walter T., and Linda S. Bamber. Accounting. Upper Saddle River: Prentice Hall, 1999.
Print Book with an Editor
Editor's last name, Editor's first name, ed. Title of Book. Place of Publication: Publisher, year of publication.
- Pay attention to the order of names in citing books with more than one editor!
- The editor's name is followed by the abbreviation ed.
Elliott, Anthony, ed. The Blackwell Reader in Contemporary Social Theory. Malden: Blackwell, 1999.
Harrison, Paul Carter, Victor Leo Walker, and Gus Edwards eds. Black Theatre: Ritual Performance in the African Diaspora. Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2002.
An Edition of a Literary Work
Authors's last name, Author's first name. Title of Book. Ed. First name Last name of the editor. Place of Publication: Publisher, year of publication.
Shakespeare, William. Hamlet. Ed. Barbara A. Mowat and Paul Werstine. New York: Washington Square-Pocket, 1992.
Twain, Mark. Roughing It. Ed. Harriet E. Smith and Edgar M. Branch. Berkeley: University of California Press, 1993.
Reference Book: Article in an Encyclopedia
"Title of the Article." edition year of publication. Title of the Encyclopedia. Year of publication ed.
- Nouns and names in article titles are capitalized.
- Articles titles are in quotation marks.
- The title of the Encyclopedia is capitalized.
"Witchcraft." Collier's Encyclopedia. 1994 ed.
"Venezuela." The New Encyclopedia Britannica: Macropaedia. 15th ed. 1998.
MLA Style Help
- Print Book
- Print Book with Multiple Authors
- Print Book with an Editor
- An Edition of a Literary Work
- Encyclopedia Article