May 20 - May 26, 2013
|Mon||8 AM - 10 PM|
|Tue||8 AM - 10 PM|
|Wed||8 AM - 10 PM|
|Thur||8 AM - 10 PM|
|Fri||9 AM - 7 PM|
|Sat||10 AM - 6 PM|
NetLibrary is a collection of more than 8,000 online full-text eBooks (electronic versions of printed books) purchased by the BMCC Library, plus over 4,000 free, classic eBooks from the world's great literatures.
- Go to http://www.netlibrary.com/
- If you're at home or off-campus you must log in first: How to Login
Create an account at a computer on-campus, afterward you can use NetLibrary anywhere you want:
- Click the Create a Free Account link in the upper right-hand corner.
- Enter a username and password of your choice and confirm.
- Answer all the starred questions that follow.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the screen.
- You can now search, browse, and read eBooks online from any computer with Internet access.
- Click Log in (upper right hand corner).
- Enter the Username and Password you created.
- Keyword Search: type a keyword into the search box and click Search. Combine keywords with 'and,' for example: SAT and test
- Title Search: click the Title button. Type the title of the book in the search box and click Search.
- Example of an eBook record found in NetLibrary:
- Show Details gives you more information about the book, most importantly a list of subjects the book talks about.
- Click View this eBook to open the book.
- A table of contents is on the right- hand side.
- Use the Search this eContent box underneath the table of contents to search the entire eBook. For example, a search for 'dribbling' finds the exact pages where the word 'dribbling' appears.
- The table of contents and search box can be navigated
- The Dictionary tab allows you to look up the spelling, definition and pronunciation of words.
- You can print only one page at a time. Click the Printer icon on your Web browser or click File and then Print.
- When the print screen comes up, click OK. (Note: you can print only parts of an eBook, but not an entire eBook, which violates copyright laws. NetLibrary will send a copyright warning when it detects someone doing this.)
- Ask a Librarian
- Research Consultation
- How to Find Books
- How to Find Articles
- How to Cite: MLA or APA
- Off Campus Access
- Guides / Tutorials
- Borrow / Renew Books
- Library Instruction
- Request Forms
- Laptop / E-Reader
- Institutional Repository
- Assistive Technology