November 24 - 30, 2014
|Mon||8 AM - 10 PM|
|Tue||8 AM - 10 PM|
|Wed||8 AM - 10 PM|
Off Campus Access
Setting Up Access
One of the most essential skills required for using the BMCC Library systems is setting up your password for off campus access. The Library has invested in critical information sources that are digitally available on a 24/7 basis, once you have set up your password.
- Do you use our wireless network? We are using the wireless password.
- If you have not activated that password, please follow the following instructions:
- (The login screen is available from any of the database screens.)
- Your username is your Panther user name.
- The default password is your date of birth (YYMMDD) + last 4 digits of your Social Security number. (After first use, you must go to BMCC Portal to change your default password.)
- The wireless/BMCC portal password has to be reset every 90 days. This often causes problems for students who don't use it very often. If you had a password, and now it doesn't work, ask the Help Center to reset it.
If you have followed these instructions, and are still stuck, go to S-165 (the Help center) and ask them to reset your password.
- Off campus access successfully negotiated.
- Open Academic Search Complete. Do the same search in google and in the database.