BMCC College Library, located in S400, is named after the African-American
labor leader and social activist A.
Philip Randolph (1889-1979). Open 73 hours a week, it offers its
users over 100,000 volumes of books, 350 print magazine/journal subscriptions,
nearly 19,000 electronic journals, magazines, and newspapers, 10,000
electronic books, and 18,000 reels of microfilm.
Library is divided into the Main Library and the Quiet Study Area (S422),
providing seating for approximately 600 hundred students at individual
carrels and tables. In addition to the 90 Internet stations on the open
floor, there are three main service points in the Main Library, namely
Circulation, Reference and Periodicals.
The library has a staff of ten full-time and fourteen part-time librarians,
to serve its users with academic and research needs.