- All current CUNY faculty, students and staff, and Empire State College student can borrow books.
- A validated CUNY ID with the current semester sticker is required.
- Borrow and return books to the Circulation Desk at the main entrance of the library (S410).
- Book regular loan period:
Undergraduate students: 4 weeks (28 days)
Graduate students: 6 weeks (42 days)
Doctoral students: 8 weeks (56 days)
Staff: 4 weeks (28 days)
Faculty: 8 weeks (56 days)
- DVD loan period:
Regular loan: Seven (7) days with no renewals. (Check out most DVDs at the Periodicals Desk. Some DVDs are held at the circulation desk. Ask a Librarian for help!)
- Textbooks on Reserve (available at the Circulation Desk):
Textbooks being used during the current semester are available for two (2) hours to use in the library only.
- Past editions of textbooks loan period:
One month with one renewal
- Regular loan overdue: $.25 per item per day up to a maximum of $20.00
- Reserve items overdue: $6 – $15 per item per hour
- Equipment item overdue: $50 per item per day
- Recalled item overdue: $1.00 per day to a maximum of $50.00 per item
- Lost or damaged item: A replacement fee of $35.00 ($15 for paperbacks) plus a processing fee of $25.00; and any overdue charges up to a maximum of $20.00 for regular loan books and $50 for reserve items.
Holds & Blocks
Students, faculty, and staff can place holds in the library catalog when logged into their account. Patrons may select the pick-up library for the book when placing the hold.
One (1) overdue item or a total of $5.00 or more in fines will suspend borrowing privileges university wide. If you have a block you can’t register or get an official transcript until you have cleared it.
Faculty, staff, and students who possess a valid and current BMCC ID may request material that is not available in the BMCC Library, or any other CUNY library through Interlibrary Loan.
CLICS Intra-Campus Service
You may borrow books in person at other CUNY libraries, with a validated CUNY ID. CLICS (CUNY Library Intra-Campus Services) allows students and faculty to request books and have them sent to any campus within 48 hours…