- All current CUNY faculty, students and staff, and Empire State College student can borrow books.
- A validated CUNY ID with the current semester sticker is required.
- Borrow and return books to the Circulation Desk at the main entrance of the library (S410).
- Book regular loan period:
four (4) weeks for students
eight (8) weeks for faculty/staff
- DVD loan period:
Seven (7) days with no renewals
- Reserve period:
Two (2) hours in-library use only with exceptions
- Books may be renewed in person or online, in the library catalog.
- Books may be renewed twice (leisure reading only once).
- Renewals will not be granted if any of the following is true:
the item is overdue, the renewal limit has been exceeded, there is a block on your record, or the item has been requested by someone else (item has a hold).
- Regular loan overdue: $.25 per item per day up to a maximum of $20.00
- Reserved item overdue: $6 – $15 per item per hour
- Equipment item overdue: $50 per item per day
- Recalled item overdue: $1.00 per day to a maximum of $50.00 per item
- Lost or damaged item: A replacement fee of $35.00 ($15 for paperbacks) plus a processing fee of $25.00; and any overdue charges up to a maximum of $20.00
Holds & Blocks
Students, faculty, and staff can place holds in the library catalog when logged into their account. Patrons may select the pick-up library for the book when placing the hold.
One (1) overdue item or a total of $5.00 or more in fines will suspend borrowing privileges university wide. If you have a block you can’t register or get an official transcript until you have cleared it.
The library has a self-checkout machine. It is fast, easy to use and private. To use the machine you must be:
- Registered with the Library.
- Borrowing books from the stacks.
- In good standing:
No blocks on your account
No overdue items
Owe less than $5 in fines
CLICS Intra-Campus Service
You may borrow books in person at other CUNY libraries, with a validated CUNY ID. CLICS (CUNY Library Intra-Campus Services) allows students and faculty to request books and have them sent to any campus within 48 hours…
Faculty, staff, and students who possess a valid and current BMCC ID with a library barcode may request material that is not available in the BMCC Library, or any other CUNY library via CLICS, through interlibrary loan (ILL).