July 7 - 13, 2014
|Mon||8 AM - 8 PM|
|Tue||8 AM - 8 PM|
|Wed||8 AM - 8 PM|
|Thu||9 AM - 6 PM|
BMCC students may borrow laptop computers for use in the Library. The laptops are equipped with Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer. Printing is not available. Anything you wish to save must be saved to an external medium or emailed to yourself. Laptops are checked in and out at the Periodicals Desk (S410Q).
The CUNY appropriate computer usage policy applies to all computer usage, including use of laptops and e-readers.
Please be aware of the following:
- Use is restricted to current BMCC students with a valid CUNY ID card plus one additional form of photo ID.
- Laptops are available from 9:30 AM - 8 PM Monday-Thursday; 9:30 AM - 5 PM Friday.
- Laptops may be checked out on Saturdays and Sundays.
- The last check out will be 2 hours before closing.
- Loan period is three hours.
- Laptops may not be removed from the Library.
- Borrowers accept full responsibility for loss or damage.
- Laptops are loaned on a first-come, first-served basis.
E-Reader Pilot Program
The library's e-reader loan program began with seven e-reader devices (Sony PRS, Kindle Touch and Kindle Fire). They are available for seven day loans. Students can use the readers to explore BMCC's extensive e-book collection or content they have purchased. All models are equipped with Wi-Fi and personal information will be erased after each loan.
The devices are also housed at the Periodicals Desk. Students must have a valid BMCC ID card and one additional picture ID to borrow a device. Instructional handouts are available to get students started.