About Copying Machines
- Self-service copy machines are available whenever the library is open, in the Main Library (S410) and the Quiet Study area (S430). Copies are available in letter size (8 1/2 x 11) and legal size (8 1/2 x 14) only. Special paper, transparencies, and color copies are not available on the copy machines.
- Student aides are available to clear paper jams, add paper, and deal with any other minor problems. However, the library does not own the copy machines and cannot make repairs.
- Fitterman Hall houses both an Add Value and Change Machine on the seventh floor Quiet Study area. The Murray Building houses a coin-operated copy machine on the tenth floor lounge.
|B&W Printing||10 cents/page|
|B&W Copying||10 cents/page|
|Color Printing||50 cents/page|
Add Value to BMCC ID Card
- You can use your BMCC ID card to make copies, scan, and print. Your account is created on the second business day after you receive your BMCC/CUNY ID card. By default, your account number is your 12-digit Student ID card number and your PIN is the year and month of your birth followed by the number 01 (YYYYMM01).
- Use the On Cash Machines to add value to your BMCC ID card. They are located in the Main Library (S410), the Quiet Study area (S430), and the Fitterman Hall seventh floor Quiet Study.
- Use bills only (one, five, ten, and twenty dollar denominations). Machines DO NOT accept debit or credit cards. Students can use the Paper Cut application through the BMCC portal to print using a debit or credit card.
- Download handout: Add Value Machine Instructions(PDF)
Scanning and Printing
- In order to access the computers and print, students must now input their current BMCC Portal information. All new and returning students must set their BMCC Portal username and password at the Student Helpdesk (S141).
- Scanning is located near the Periodicals Desk (S410Q)
- Printing is located by the Internet Cluster near the spiral staircase. Color printing is available.
- Refunds are not issued if you copied or printed unwanted pages.
- Refunds are limited to twenty (20) copies (a maximum of two ($2) dollars).
- Refunds larger than two ($2) dollars require an investigation before payments are disbursed.