*** Note: Depending on your device, you may need to SCROLL UP once you submit the form to see your confirmation. ***
Guidelines for Faculty
- Classes take place in room S410M, a “Smart” classroom with an interactive whiteboard and need to be scheduled two weeks in advance.
- You must attend library instruction classes with their students.
- Instruction is not offered when the library is not open.
- Requests for instruction during off-hours will be dealt with on a case by case basis. Faculty should contact Prof. Brown directly.
- There are no paper request forms. You are encouraged to fill out the online form. However, faculty have the option to contact Prof. Brown directly.
Faculty Requesting a Class
- Fill out the form on the left.
- When a request is received, Prof. Brown will review your request.
- If the date is not available, you will receive a prompt e-mail.
- If the date is available, you will receive an acknowledgement and first confirmation from Prof. Brown within the next workday.
- You will receive a final confirmation about ten (10) days before the class with the librarian instructor’s name.
- Prof. Brown receives requests and adds them to the BMCC library instruction calendar in Outlook.
- You are invited to review the calendar regularly and sign up for classes.
- Prof. Brown will also contact you, requesting assistance with particular classes.
- The class schedule is posted in paper just over a week beforehand. At that time the schedule is set, and ideally no changes are accepted from that point on.