Jan. 27 - May 23, 2014
|Mon||8 AM - 10 PM|
|Tue||8 AM - 10 PM|
|Wed||8 AM - 10 PM|
|Thu||8 AM - 10 PM|
|Fri||8 AM - 7 PM|
|Sat||10 AM - 6 PM|
|Sun||12 PM - 5 PM|
ERes Electronic Reserves: Students
ERes is the BMCC Library's web-based reserves system accessible from the Library web site. Students can view, download or print reserve items from off-campus, and multiple users can access documents simultaneously. Students can search by professor name, course number or department. Professors may include journal articles, book chapters, syllabi, assignments, PowerPoint presentations, websites, multimedia and streaming video on their pages. All class sites are password protected to support copyright compliance.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view most ERes documents. The Reader is available on library computers and most campus computer labs. It is also available as a free download at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.
- Go to: http://reserves.bmcc.cuny.edu/
- Select "Find Electronic Reserves." Choose one of the three available search tabs (Search for Course Pages, Course Pages by Department or Course Pages by Department) or simply enter a few keywords in the search field.
- Select the appropriate material or course.
- Next, enter the appropriate password and select "Accept" after the copyright information is read.
Note: Only a professor knows the password and they can be contacted if the password is lost or forgotten. Passwords are case sensitive and unique for each course.
- Select the desired material.
- A download screen indicates the file size and the time of download.
- Select the title again to view.
Documents can be viewed, saved or printed. Adobe PDF files print clearer than their appearance on the screen.
Need help? Ask the Reference Desk if you have any questions.