Jan. 28 - May 25, 2013
|Mon||8 AM - 10 PM|
|Tue||8 AM - 10 PM|
|Wed||8 AM - 10 PM|
|Thur||8 AM - 10 PM|
|Fri||8 AM - 7 PM|
|Sat||10 AM - 6 PM|
|Sun||12 PM - 5 PM|
Copying and Printing in the Library
Self-service copy machines are available whenever the library is open. They are located in the main library (S410) and the Quiet Study area (S430). Copies are available in letter size (8 1/2 x 11) and legal size (8 1/2 x 14) only. Special paper, transparencies, and color copies are not available.
Student Aides are available to clear paper jams, add paper, and deal with any other minor problems. However, the Library does not own the copy machines and cannot make repairs.
Use the "On Cash machines" to add value to your BMCC ID Card. They are located near the copiers, in the main library (S410), the Quiet Study area (S430), the lobby at 199 Chambers St. and the Murray St. lobby.
- Use coins (nickels, dimes, quarters) or bills (one, five, ten, and twenty dollar denominations)
- Machines do not accept debit or credit cards
- Download handout: How to Add Value to Your BMCC ID (PDF)
Use Your BMCC ID
You can use your BMCC ID Card to make copies and print from a computer. Your account is created on the second business day after you receive your BMCC/CUNY ID card. By default, your account number is your 12-digit student ID card number and your PIN is your date of birth (YYYYMMDD).
- Insert your BMCC ID with the magnetic strip down in the card reader
- Enter your PIN #
- The current value on your card is displayed
- Select the correct paper size
- Each time you press print, the cost is subtracted from your balance
- When you are finished press the return button to close your account
- Cost is 10 cents per copy
- Machines accept nickels, dimes, or quarters
- Change machines ONLY accept dollar bills
- Click "Print" in the Browser. After you click "OK" you will see this screen:
- Account #: Enter your 12 digit student # - ex.(120854365215)
- PIN #: Enter your 8 digit of date of birth (YYYYMMDD)
- Click "Send to Print Release Station"
- Print job is saved for 2 hours at the Print Release Station
- Hit "Click Here For Print Jobs"
- Swipe your BMCC ID Card on the side of the monitor or type your Account# or E-mail name
- Click "Enter PIN#," enter your PIN (DOB) and click "Continue"
- Highlight your Job and click "Print." You will see a screen showing the total price of the job and your account Balance. Click "OK" to print. * If you have multiple jobs on the Queue, click Select All and Print to print all jobs at once.
- When you are finished, click "Close This Session"
Print Release Station - Download handout (PDF)
Refunds are issued if you lose money in the copy machine or the copier malfunctions - for example, if the copier jams or creases the paper.
- Refunds are not issued if you copied or printed unwanted pages
- Refunds are limited to 20 copies (a maximum of two (2) dollars)
- Requests for larger refunds are referred to the Helpdesk, Room S165 (x 8379)
How to Get a Refund
- Complete the Refund form, available at each copy machine and printer
- If there are bad copies, attach them to the form
- Bring the White, Gold and Yellow copies to the Circulation Desk or Room S408
- Keep the Pink copy for your records
- Refunds are credited to your BMCC ID Card on the spot or within two (2) business days if the problem needs investigation. You will receive an e-mail notifying you about the credit.
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Guerda Baucicaut at (x7211). Remember to bring your pink copy of the refund form with you.
- Academic Calendar
- BMCC Bookstore
- Course Schedule
- CUNY Portal (Blackboard)
- Distance Learning
- Exams and Testing
- Job Opportunities