Aug. 28 - Dec. 22, 2014
|Mon||8 AM - 10 PM|
|Tue||8 AM - 10 PM|
|Wed||8 AM - 10 PM|
|Thu||8 AM - 10 PM|
|Fri||8 AM - 7 PM|
|Sat||10 AM - 6 PM|
|Sun||12 PM - 5 PM|
How do I...
- find a book or a textbook?
Search the Library Catalog.
Many BMCC textbooks are on Reserve
CUNY has compiled Textbook Savings information to help reduce student expenses
Need more help? Try How to Find Print Books
- find articles?
Search Databases by Subject or by Title
Check our A-Z list of magazines and journal titles
Need more help? Try How to Find Articles
- find electronic reserves?
ERes: Library Electronic Reserves
Need more help? Try ERes: Information for Students
- find course syllabi?
Locate a class within the Course Catalog and select Course Syllabus.
- use library databases from home?
Login for off-campus access
Need more help? Try the Remote Access Guide
- check out a book?
how to Borrow and Renew Books
how to Borrow From Other CUNY Libraries (CLICS)
- cite an article?
Citing Sources - APA
Citing Sources - MLA
Citation Generator (KnightCite) - Creates citations in MLA, APA, and Chicago style.
- copy and print in the library?
Go to the Copying and Printing in the Library page.
- reserve a Group Study Room?
Fill out a request form - Library staff willl contact you to confirm your request.
About Group Study Rooms
- the library?
Room S410, on the 4th floor on the south side of the BMCC building.
Take a Virtual Tour of the Library
- the reserve desk?
Circulation & Reserve
Who can I ask for more help?
When is the library open?
- Check the Library Hours
BMCC students with a current ID may borrow an iPad for a three day loan period. iPads are available at the Periodicals Desk.
BMCC students may borrow laptop computers for use in the Library. The laptops are equipped with Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer. Printing is not available. Anything you wish to save must be saved to an external medium or emailed to yourself. Laptops are checked in and out at the Periodicals Desk (S410Q).
The CUNY appropriate computer usage policy applies to all computer usage, including use of laptops and e-readers.
Please be aware of the following:
- Use is restricted to current BMCC students with a valid CUNY ID card plus one additional form of photo ID.
- Laptops are available from 9:30 AM - 8 PM Monday-Thursday; 9:30 AM - 5 PM Friday.
- Laptops may be checked out on Saturdays and Sundays.
- The last check out will be 2 hours before closing.
- Loan period is three hours.
- Laptops may not be removed from the Library.
- Borrowers accept full responsibility for loss or damage.
- Laptops are loaned on a first-come, first-served basis.
The library's e-reader loan program began with seven e-reader devices (Sony PRS, Kindle Touch and Kindle Fire). They are available for seven day loans. Students can use the readers to explore BMCC's extensive e-book collection or content they have purchased. All models are equipped with Wi-Fi and personal information will be erased after each loan.
The devices are also housed at the Periodicals Desk. Students must have a valid BMCC ID card and one additional picture ID to borrow a device. Instructional handouts are available to get students started.
A self-service scanner is now available at no cost for patrons of the BMCC Library. The scanner is located past the Periodicals desk, across from the library's Media room.
This service is provided as available. During busy periods please limit your scanning to 20 pages at a time for scholarly purposes, so others do not have to wait.
See CUNY's Copyright Policy for guidelines on acceptable reproduction of library materials.
The Scanner offers the following features:
- Full-color, grayscale, or black & white reproductions up to 600 DPI.
- Maximum page size of 17 X 24 inches.
- Output in PDF, JPEG, PNG, Rich Text and Audio formats.
- Save files to USB drive or email to personal account.
- Academic Calendar
- BMCC Bookstore
- Course Schedule
- CUNY Portal (Blackboard)
- Distance Learning
- Exams and Testing
- Job Opportunities